A much needed update


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
November 20th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about my tardiness again. Time just gets away on you when you are having a blast. I will keep this a short update for numerous reasons. The first being there is lots to catch up on. The second is that I do not feel well.

Nov 3rd
-Hung out at the guest house because everyone was super sore from the massive 9 km trek up the mountain. 2 of our group over exerted themselves and were puking much of the night. Sheryl's sister left and then we flew out to Jakarta at night and stayed in the shittiest and sketchiest guesthouse ever.

Nov 4th
- Changed guest houses, spent day just relaxing and exploring

Nov 5th
-Took public transport (big mistake) to China town and Old Town. neither very exciting though an interesting cultural experience at the very least. Saw a black river running through the city which looked like tar and had the most revolting odour ever. Drank beer this evening.

Nov 6th
Met a German Italian named Alex and we all went to Anchol, Indonesian disneyland (Calaway park style) and spent the day doing fun rides and just being children again. Went out for a few more beers with our new friend.

Nov 7th
-Caught our flight to Bali, explored a bit then all had a sleep over at Sheryl's nice resort.

Nov 8th
-Hung out at the beach and Nicole's sister arrived!

Nov 9th
- Went to a water park with massive slides and tubes rides called waterboom. Alex arrived in Bali and met us there.

Nov 10th
- Went tot eh beach and had an early night.

Nov 11th
- Rented motorbikes and drove to Uluwatu, a surf beach for a change of scenery and to escape Kuta (Bali's main beach)

Nov 12th
- Day trip to the volcano. Saw a traditional Balinese dance with the dragon, batik (weaving), gold and silver jewelery, paintings, coffee plantations (no coffee was had by me), and went to the monkey forest. Those monkeys are all quite scary and very sneaky. We had a shockingly horrible meal at the volcano which was the start of the downward spiral of my health.
-Had dinner at Sheryl's resort and saw more Balinese dance.

Nov 13th
- FOOD POISONING STRIKES! Spent the day at the beach, shopping a bit, and had a few drinks on the beach.

Nov 14th
- Had a day of surfing at the beach despite the waves being poor and fought off food poisoning by staying in bed half the day. What a way to spend my birthday in paradise!

Nov 15th
-Wasted the day away in Bali on the beach, in bed and surfing again.

Nov 16th
- Left to go to Gili Trawangan which is a smaller less touristy version of Bali though apparently as party-some. We traveled the whole day from about 7am to 7pm to get there via slow boat... I do not recommend this, then ate our dinner and watch a reggae concert on the beach.

Nov 17th
- Snorkelled and saw a sea turtle!!! watched a got really really sick this night with a fever likely around 39 or 40ÂșC. Spent night in lots of pain.

Nov 18th
- Couldn't hold food down today, fever abated most of day until the evening then I went back to the same boat as the night before. Visited doctor on the island, found out I didn't have malaria and she was quite useless so we decided to leave the next day and head back to Bali. I missed out on diving and the people that went saw turtles, sharks and heaps of other cool things!!!

Nov 19th
- Traveled all day. The fast boat was too expensive so we opted for the one that left later only to find it was broken so we took the slow boat after all. And it was unpleasant. Left at 8am, and arrived at the hospital around 7pm. Stayed there 6 hours getting meds and IV, discharged but have to go back for a few more tests (thank god for travel insurance, it isn't cheap) and found a guesthouse at 4am.

Nov 20th
- Got up. Have stomached food for 2 hours which is a record over the last 4 days and wrote this update.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb