Like a monkey ready to be shot into space


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another beutiful day! woke up early around 7:00 and headed down to our pool, which was nice and cool because the previous night had cooled down a little and made the pool a beutiful temperature. we soaked in there for a while and read our books as the heat started to set in for the day. then headed toour hotels resteraunt forur morning breakfast whichis amazing. afterwards we suited up (bathing suits and rashgaurd, heh) and headed for the beach, I rented a 6'1" and Andy got the 7'6", it was definatly a fun boar, but very skinny and not too buoyent, so i didn't bank many rides. but i got about 3 decent ones, and once up onthis board it's amazing, so agile, you can just whip it around. we switched up boards for the last little while and i got some good rides, then came in and headed back. we had some mellow out time at the hotel room/pool and spent a little time at the ESC answering emails and other such. We went out and surfed again and had a pretty good session, then headed back to the room. after chilling a little more, we went down to the ESC cause one of the waiters, Yogi, had offered to take me to a barber to get my head shaved. Andy stayed and enjoyed the 19,000 Rp margeritas while I loaded up on the back of yogi's scooter, he drove me to a locals part of town, whiping in between the busy kuta streets, while cars, scooters and buses all went about there way, the streets are unbelievable, they have as any people on a 1 and a half lane street as we wold have on a highway. We made it there and the barber quickly put a sheet over me and asked what length, i pointed to one blade gaurd and he quickly cut all my hair off with scissors in huge clumps, then proceeded to buzz all the remaining hair off. we were finished quite quickly and he the motioned to the straight edge razor blade on the counter, and grabbed a containerof shaving cream, I quickly stopped him and said "no, beard", so we were finished and he said 15,000 Rp, I gave him 20,000 and thanked him. I wanted to get a picture, but I guess they were closing because he quickly closed the shutters. We jumped back on the bike and cruised to the ESC, I insisted on giving yogi money for the ride, but he would not let me. so I went upstairs to meet up with Andy and we enjoyed some margeritas, while we were chilling, Jesse poked his head upstairs and saw we were there, I introduced Andy and we picked up some good info o local spots and all the other insider info. He also showed us some good websites for chcking indo swell and which spots will be good and other stuff. he had to go back to his hotel to grab some stuff, but we decided to meet him there and grab some pizzas at a great place he knows. We met p with himthere and admired his hotel very nice place in a more secluded part of town. He showed hissisters board he had, that he wasn't using it was a very nice 6'4" Santa cruz, that was amazingly light. He said if I wanted i could try it the next day, I was stoked on that. After we met his girlfriend, who is balinese. we got to the restaraunt and each ordered some delicious pizzas, and then grabbed some ice cream bars after. Great to sit down and visit with an old friend like that, we were trying to figure out when the last time we hung out was and figured it was probably Baldy along time ago.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb