Bumming around in Bali....


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent our 5 nights in Bali in a hotel called the Bali Hai Resort & Spa, which was on Kuta Beach! The hotel was really nice and the staff were very friendly - Although the local's who offered a variety of different services did become very annoying by the end of our stay here! From Transport, to massage, tacky jewellery & ice creams, it can be quite disturbing when you are trying to kick back and relax, on the beach or by the pool. Our intentions in Bali were just that, Kick back, relax and soak up the sun-rays!

Our first day was spent by the pool in the morning and we headed to the beach in the afternoon - Where Gary learn't to surf! He hired a little man for a couple of hours to teach him the necessary basics and that he did..... Within 30 minutes I was up catching those waves and having a whale of a time.... But 2 days later, feeling confident and thinking he was a pro, decided to hire a board for an hour - Without the help of the little man! This was not wise as the waves were big & not very friendly & 20 minutes later Gary was hopelessly strolling back up the beach to hand his board back, as it soon proved that he is still very much a novice!

We may be thousand's of miles from home, but we still managed to bump into some familiar faces, but this time was very much planned.... We met Ben King & his girlfriend Rachael for a few Bintang's (local beer) & a couple of cheeky cocktails!! We soon ended up in a bar which was free drink for an hour - What a mistake! After an hour's free beer & cocktails we headed to the local nightclub, which is called Bounty... The girl's were soon up on the stage which left Gary & Ben to enter the cage! After a couple of hours of some messy, embarassing dancing we thought it best too head home - Where Gary managed to be sick in the taxi - better clear that up Melman!

The next day was very painful.... Especially for Gary..... When we did finally rise, we opened the curtains to a downful of rain which was continuous for the whole day - We were confined to our room for the rest of the afternoon! We did however pluck up the courage to head out for some fresh air - But when we were dripping from head to toe, standing in our vest's and shorts, decided it was time to head back to the hotel!

The sun was shining on our last day, so we headed for the water park.... It was a struggle but Gary managed to get Mel to go on all the flumes - As she was being a typical woman! & believe it or not, she did enjoy them all.... Ooopps, forgot to mention that the shopping here is great too.... & you guessed it, where there are shops, there's Mel!!! So once again we had a little barter in the markets & spent some pennies in the mall's.

We now head to Oz with Mel's birthday in sight & hope that the 2nd leg of our trip can be just as great as the first!!

Sorry no pictures on this blog, because we have lost our camera (we think that we left it in the restaurant on our last night). Now that's a school boy error......

Advertisement



26th March 2007

Bumming around in Bali
Hellooooooooo sounds like you had a nice chilled out time in Bali apart from being pestered by the locals. 'Surfer dude Gary' now try the waves in Australia and tell me that you can still Surf!! The cage dancing looked wicked you looked well oiled !! Shame about your camera but at least there was not much on it, glad you've managed to get a new one. Have a fantastic time in Oz will speak to you soon, as always take care of yourselves, have a great birthday Mel hope you get spoilt !! Love Mum (Pat) xxxx
27th March 2007

how much shopping???!!!
hiya guys! abbys just told me how much you have bought melman where have you put it all?!! heard you are in Cairns, soo jealous as usual. Dont forget to go to PJ O Briens its got really cheap food. Dont go to somewhere called the wool shed unless you are both fed up with each other as it is a cattle market!!he! Take care as always its so quiet here!!! xxxxxxxx
27th March 2007

Wow, just checked out your amazing journey so far, it all looks amazing! So jealous sitting here in the office! Anyhow won't be able to get online for the next couple of days so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL FOR THURSDAY, I'm sure you'll have a couple of drinks to celebrate!? Take care xx Wig
27th March 2007

message from mum
So glad you enjoyed Bali despite the rain. More shopping Mel ? I think we should of got you a trunk not a rucksack ! Dont forget my fridge magnets or is it too late.Two days to your birthday mel,are you getting excited? I wish i was there with you! Anyway keep safe and enjoying yourselves. lotsa luv mum xxxx and an extra hug for the 29th!
27th March 2007

have fun gary & mel
sounds like you are having great fun in oz as mum told us.we always get an update when she calls in for lunch ha ha.sorry about your camera ,never mind gary and mel .nan said watch out for sharks when you go swimming.ha ha.looking forward to hearing from you both.lots and lots of love to you both take care. nan and grandad lyons xxx.
28th March 2007

hi mel and gary have read all about your lovely holiday and it seems you are both having a great time visiting so many places with so much interest and fun i think australia is your last port of call so make the most of your birthday enjoy your special treat we shall all be thinking of you and wish we were all there with you . happy birthday dear mel lots of love to you both enjoy your time together luv nan xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb