Denpasar: on our way home!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Denpasar
November 16th 2015
Published: November 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After three flight cancellations and many calls to the airline, we finally had a confirmed flight out of Bali! After a further time change, we were routed via Brisbane with a connecting flight to Melbourne on the following day.

It felt strange to see an airport again, but we were both ready to go home. As the flight took off, there was applause from our fellow passengers. Obviously, many others were ready to go home too. As luck would have it, we were seated next to a special gentleman on our first flight. He had already had several drinks at Denpasar airport and was quite intoxicated throughout the flight. The crew eventually stopped serving him drinks, but it was too late… Eventually, after being fed two meals and some non-alcoholic drinks, we had a reprieve when he fell asleep for 15 minutes or so.

With his usual relaxed personality, Dean humoured our new friend, answering his questions and listening to his stories. The poor gentleman sitting in front of him referred to Dean as a “saint”. I’d have to agree – especially when he prevented me from throwing a soggy chamomile teabag at the man!

There was quite a delay at Brisbane airport but we finally made it to a hotel where we got a few hours of much-needed hours of sleep. The flight from Brisbane to Melbourne was uneventful and we made it home safe and sound. The fridge was still running and the cats hadn’t moved out, yay. They were even glad to see us!

What a great holiday, to celebrate a time that’s pretty pivotal in both our lives. And I really feel that I have brought home with me some perspective and peace. Thanks Bali, we will definitely be back.

*** BIG THANK YOU*** Deep heartfelt thanks to Barbara & Ian for making this such a very special trip. Huge thanks to Rachel & Belle and Brad for their wonderful tips on where to go and things to do in Bali.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb