Real Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Balian
September 21st 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bali zooBali zooBali zoo

I have no idea what this is.
We've had quite a few messages from people saying we need to get out of Kuta and explore more of Bali. It's really easy to settle down in Kuta but we didn't want to move so we paid a taximan for the day to show us the best of Bali. The first stop was paddy fields in a local town. They were brilliant views but a crowd of locals swarmed us trying to sell us chopsticks and other useless items. We then went to Bali's zoo. It was better than I expected thinking that their zoo's might have animals that were exotic to the Balinese such as a British cow or a seagul. It turned out that they did have pigeons but they also had a lot of monkeys, camels tigers and eagles.
The next stop was the volcano which is dormant. We had lunch overlooking the volcano which was probably the best snapshot photo I have seen. Unfortunatley Matt's camera had ran out of battery at the zoo.
Lastly we went to a small national park that was full of monkeys. Ryan was cautious this time trying not to let the monkeys attack him like they did in Thailand.
When my dad went to Bali he recommended going to the Gili islands. We have booked the ticket but since then Ryan has a cold and hes going to wait in Kuta while we explore Gili Trawangan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd September 2006

It's a hornbill...
I believe the type of bird is a hornbill.
24th September 2006

Hi Tom, it sounds as if your all having a great time over there.Have been keeping up with all your adventures. Have now got myself a lap top. Do you check your e-mails?. Nan is staying with me this weekend,she sends her love, and she says that she is missing you. Anna has stated college in Truro and seems to be doing fine.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb