Stlll in Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
June 9th 2014
Published: June 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Taj MahalTaj MahalTaj Mahal

Magnificent
Back in the hotel after a hot morning and as such we decided not to go and see the ancient fort, it was just too hot. We have relaxed in the Hotel air conditioning and have caught up on some emails blogging etc. We even managed to FaceTime Macarla and family in Cairns, tried Kellie and Rodney without success, also tried Lyn Nottingham but no joy either. At our hotels lunch and evening meals they have consisted of Indian type banquets, I don't mind as I can handle the curries but Colleen is finding it a bit tough. In Delhi there have been concerns about the number of road fatalities that happen when the streets are unmanned by the local police between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. In the first 5 months there have been 325 people killed on the roads between these hours, the police do not have the manpower or money to put cops on the beat during these silent hours. I asked our guide about this his reply was that over 110.000 people get killed each year on Indian roads, a big statistic in anybodies language. Also in todays paper there was an article about subsidised housing for the police, apparently it is pretty rundown, a local policeman was asleep in his flat and the roof caved in on top of him, causing grave injuries, he is lucky to be alive. While I am at it check out the photo of the guy fixing the street light, no OH&S here baby.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb