Train from Goa to Dehli


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 14th 2011
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were dreading the 30 hour train ride. A few days before we left vino ( one of the boys at D'costa) was telling us about the train he catches to Delhi from Goa which is 52 hours long. At this point we started panicking. After looking at our ticket we relaxed and realised that we were going on a "faster" train.

So on Monday we took the bus from Palolem back to Margao and got a taxi to an area with lots of hotels. We checked out a few rooms in different hotels before settling on one for Rs650 (haggled from 735) which was fairly decent and the guys on reception were really friendly. We had our first hot shower since arriving in India that night!

As with Mumbai we turned up early as India train stations do not aim to make things customer friendly and they have their own peculiar ways of doing things. This time we confidently stood on the platform where we thought AC2 (our type of class) would be stopping. Nope! when the train arrived 50 minutes late we had to leg it right to the other end of the platform. At least we got some exercise! Anyway the train ride really wasn't that bad and went reasonably quickly. People walk up and down the aisles selling various things shouting 'samosa, samosa', 'chai, chai, massala chai!' and our favourite 'Cheese sandwich, cheese sandwich'. we did not buy a cheese sandwich. We shared our compartment with a couple, the guy had been hit by a boat!

The pictures here are actually of out Mumbai-Goa train ride but you get the idea!

We are now in Delhi and will update you soon!

Deb & Ang


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb