Indian Foods


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
July 15th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

here


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

deluxe thalideluxe thali
deluxe thali

all for one man, 2 curries, dhal , rice, papadam, chutney. costing less than one dollar, it is easy to get fat in india.
Cycling beside mango cartCycling beside mango cart
Cycling beside mango cart

here is the back of a cycle rickshaw driver,these guys work very hard and must be adept at dodging a million obstacles, such as the stray mango cart.
A purveyor of Pan A purveyor of Pan
A purveyor of Pan

Pan is a strong tasting bite. A multitude of mysterious, aromatic ingredients such as rose, anise, coconut, fennel seed, chili, and lots of others rolled up into a betel leaf and chewed. The creation of each roll an art.
Thalis, paharganjThalis, paharganj
Thalis, paharganj

The paharganj may be a dirty little street, but the thalis are wonderful. Especially these at Khalsa Cafe.
Wimpy Burger, DelhiWimpy Burger, Delhi
Wimpy Burger, Delhi

Wimpy is a Delhi classic, maybe one of the few Wimpy's left. The interior is sadly delapidated, and cannot compete with the glamour and pizazz of nearby McDonalds, with it's TVs and paneer wraps.
Look Nice Taste BetterLook Nice Taste Better
Look Nice Taste Better

everyone wants a drink that looks nice, tastes better.
Juice barJuice bar
Juice bar

The juices and smoothies are a treat here, such as from this little place in Vashisht. It can be pure juice, yoghurt or milk shake of any number of varieties.
Thali, VashishtThali, Vashisht
Thali, Vashisht

The trained eye can begin to detect subtle differences in thalis from place to place, even though the general idea may be the same. This was one of our favorite thalis so far.
Beautiful Restaurant decorationBeautiful Restaurant decoration
Beautiful Restaurant decoration

Any restaurant with this as the main decorative centerpiece reveals a wealth of true class. We had to return again and again for each meal while in Vashisht.
Momos and meMomos and me
Momos and me

Anyone likes a good momo, each one is different and subject to individual skill, taste and sense of quality. These were average momos, with an excellent spicy momo sauce.
A step forward for kittyA step forward for kitty
A step forward for kitty

The kitties of Manali have started their own bakery, hopefully kitties around the world may catch on as the bread is quite good.
Little ShopLittle Shop
Little Shop

I enjoy the little shops over here, each one has a different selection of tiny snacks. I admire the Kit Kat ad over this one.
Snack creator, ManaliSnack creator, Manali
Snack creator, Manali

This man had some excellent snacks, and such a colorful display.
More snacksMore snacks
More snacks

The same stall, with fried bread bites, samosa, and various other greasy things visible.
A unique wrapA unique wrap
A unique wrap

This was so good, even though greasy. Yellow spicy chick pea flour wrap around chunk of paneer, fresh tomato and other salad. The chutneys on side were great, sweet tamarind and green mint chili.
Chai cart, Manali bus stationChai cart, Manali bus station
Chai cart, Manali bus station

It is cheerful to arrive at 4:30am to catch a bus and find a chai man all ready for business.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb