The start of our adventures in India.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
June 16th 2012
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Hallam family, Robyn,Lou, Nikki and Marco departed Tullamarine Airport at10.25am on Sunday 17th of June on a Singapore Airlines flight. We experienced two good flights to get to our destination with a 4 hour stop over in Singapore. We used this time effectively with a whirlwind tour of Singapore with Buddy Kath, who showed us her Inner city Apartment and shouted us a Gin & Tonic. After a long day of travelling we eventually arrived in Kolkata , India at '10.45pm. Being conscious of travelling with a 12 yr old and a 15yr old, one preplanned stipulation of this trip was that we stayed in reasonable accomodation. Upon landing in Kolkata we had an organised Pick-up that transported us to "The Park " hotel. This plan was a good one as it was a No Brainer for tired Aussie travellers who had no idea of what they were about to experience! The diary entry descibing the drive to our Hotel went as follow; " OH my God! Beep, Beep, Beep, Men wandering, peeing, sleeping anywhere incuding on the top of Buses"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb