Bags!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
June 1st 2012
Published: June 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Once again I want to apologize for not writing in this more, where we stayed in Pune was great but not having an actual computer and not being acclimated yet really put a halt on blogging. So to begin where I left off, we woke up the next morning- still in the same clothes as three days earlier- and began the search for our luggage. Thankfully our driver showed up in the morning with a cell phone for our group so I was able to call the baggage lady in Delhi to see where our bags were- that is if they knew. Well I called and they still had no idea where our bags were- so Sarah and I went to the Desai Eye Hospital like we were supposed to be that day and let them know we would not make it due to the circumstances. When we arrived at the eye hospital we received a warm welcome and tour of the facility. We really got to see how amazing this place was, they perform over 38,000 eye surgeries each year, most of which are free of charge and the ones that aren’t are still extremely affordable. This hospital truly has an amazing staff of dedicated physicians, residents, and nurses who work to better the health of Pune and the surrounding areas. After the tour and watching a few eye surgeries we returned to continue the search for our bags…

When we got back to the boat club the rest of the group found out we did have internet- a definite positive boost for many. I called Delhi again and this time there was good news- all seven of our missing bags arrived in Delhi and were on there way to Pune. We would have a change of clothes by 6:40 that evening- so we thought. We took a cab to the Pune airport only to find out the flight our bags were supposed to be on was delayed 40min. We waited and waited and finally after over an hour we walked around and saw our bags sitting on the baggage claim with nothing we could do. We told a representative of Jet Air that our bags were indeed there because we saw them- only then did the airport make an effort and gave us our bags- a joyous moment for us all. We returned to the boat club to celebrate and eat dinner- ordering a few bottles and wine and beer to top our night off. The journey our bags took to get to India is one we may never know, but you definitely find the joy in life is about the small things when a clean pair of underwear makes smile from ear to ear. To be continued...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb