Letter from the Smile Train


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
July 14th 2008
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Ron and Christine,

Thank you very, very much for helping us.

Fundraising is especially difficult during these hot summer months so we really appreciate your support now more than ever. Not to mention that the economy has made it even tougher to raise money.

I also want you to know that your exceptional generosity is really going to have an impact. The free cleft surgery you are helping us provide is really a modern day medical miracle. In as little as 45 minutes, for as little as $250, this surgery gives a desperate child not just a new smile, but a new life.

In two to three months, I am going to follow up with you with a picture of a child we are able to help thanks to your support. I’ll try to get a little background on the child as well.

When you "meet" a child whose life you have helped change, it will put a smile on your face too. I’ll write PICTURES ENCLOSED on the envelope so that you don’t think we’re asking you for more money and throw it away!

That’s it for now. On behalf of all 37 employees here at The Smile Train, many thanks again for helping us help these kids.

All the best,

Brian Mullaney
Co-Founder and President


P.S. I also wanted to tell you that 100% of any additional gifts you make will be used to assist children around the world, and that 0% will go to overhead.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb