2nd day at Kalimpong


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kalimpong
June 23rd 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our 2nd day in kalimpong we tried to send a package back to Australia. This was quite a process as you need to pack your gear into a box, which then needs to be wrapped in white calicao type material. some poor non English speaking Nepali man then sews the material around the box and it is then waxed. We assume this man would survive on tips alone. When trying to register the parcel the computer froze. so with fingers crossed we paid the postal man $5000 rupees to finish the process and trust he follows through with the postage of the parcel. ( the parcel was waiting for us when we got home!). We also had to organise tickets on the overnight train from New Jalpaiguri to Patna, which involved booking the tickets on an emergency basis and paying for half of them at Darjeeling , waiting to hear confirmation that we got the tickets, and then finding where to pick them up in kalimpong. Somehow this system worked and yet again we had to trust the Indians we were dealing with.kezia and Nikki choose to dine at a chinese restaurant while Lou, Marco and I explored the markets in Kalimpong again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb