Darjeeling


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Darjeeling
June 21st 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I went for an early morning walk in cloudy overcast weather conditions. It was a shame it was overcast as we were amongst magnificent views. The walk was intriguing . Diary entry ; "There are lots of open displays of religion here. People chanting, carrying beads, kissing markings and crossing themselves, a very spiritual vibe." Plenty of dogs and monkeys everywhere! After a traditional breakfast, including Darjeeliong Tea ( of course) the family went for a walk to "The Tibetan Refugee" museum. The museum displayed information Re the Refugees and their plight and what has forced them to leave their homes in Tibet. There are refugees who still work and live at this centre and we saw them working on craft such as weaving and woodwork. We caught a jeep back into Darj as it was raining, but the skies had cleared and it was the most amazing scenery. Kez took us to one of her favourite cafe's in Darj called the "Hot and stimulating Cafe" run by a friendly guy called Rambo. Here we were introduced to "MoMo's"(dumplings), home made delicious french fries, Al U Paratha (Fried Potato Bread) and Masala Tea (very sweet). The dining experience cost us 600 rupees( less that $12.00 For the family). Lou claims this dining experience contributed to his "Bengali Blast" and he started going downhill from here on in!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb