DARJEELING QUEEN


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Darjeeling
December 18th 2011
Published: December 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

During the month of October 2005, I along with my friend Anurag visited Sikkim. We worked for the same company and we planned for this long holiday but we were not been able to decide on the place that we should travel. There were so many places we want to see but we decided this time we will go to Sikkim. We started our journey from Raipur to Kolkata by train. We booked train tickets in advance and our journey was smooth and we had lot of fun. When we reached Kolkata it was total chaos, Kolkata is one of the crowded city of India. The best thing about Kolkata is food and that too very cheap mind it. :-)We stayed for one day in Kolkata we traveled in trams and we did a lot of shopping. From Kolkata we went to siliguri by train. At siliguri station you can get many cabs to go to Darjeeling and Gangtok. Our travel plan was,first we will go to Darjeeling and then we will go to Gangtok. Journey from Silliguri to Darjeeling was memorable one one can see breathtaking views of landscape and valleys. Cris-cross roads, you can also see Nepal border in route to Darjeeling. Darjeeling is at the height of around 7000 ft above sea level, and we can see Kanchenjunga mountains from there. Its really awesome experience, to see snow capped mountains in front of you standing tall high. you can get inner peace when you see them. I always dream of climbing these mountains but it need a lot of preparation from my side to put in actual practice till then I can only dream about it. Sweet dream!!!For better view of Kanchenjunga peaks we went to tiger hill early morning to see the sunrise. We were very excited and thrilled but our excitement does not last long and we felt that it will take ages to get rid of this fog. Which was teasing us by standing in middle of the mountain and completely blocking the view.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb