hi everyone


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Darjeeling
November 25th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first hostelOur first hostelOur first hostel

trust me it was much worse, the photo makes it look almost nice. The bed sheets were so dirty i dont think they had ever been washed
hi everyone, sorry it took so long to make an entry but it's quite hard to find an internet cafe out here.

our first day was horrible delhi really isn't that nice, there are cows, rubbish, stray dogs and homeless people everywhere. we managed to get mugged within 4 hours of landing, katie's camera got taken, a guy came up to us with a knife and said "give me your camera or i'll kill you" so we quickly handed it over, then he saw katie's money belt and tried to grab it but i (lucy) shouted out and we ran off to a took took (taxi). don't worry we're safe in the himalyian mountains now and have finally left the golden triangle. we definitely learnt our lesson.

we have decided to spend the money we got from the hurtwood on buying another camera next week when we stop over in singapore.

The golden triangle (delhi, jaipur and agra) isn't that golden there are so many people around and everyone drives like a nutter, we saw so many accidents on the road.

on monday 24th we got a train to new jalpaguri. we booked first class (it was a 23hr train journey) but 1st class reallywasn't that nice, very dirty and shabby, but the service was good and we got fed loads of food.

we are now staying in a hotel in kurseong nr. darjeeling, which is really nice. katie's grandads buisness associate owns it, so we are staying complimentry and then seeing them in calcutta which will be nice.

up in the mountains its so much nicer no one pesters us or stares, tomoorow we are going on a trek around kurseong which should be good.

when we went to the taj mahal we seemed to attract so much attention for some reason. there were other white people there but they seemed very interested in us, this whole class of kids came and sat next to us, and katie was handed some womans baby and the teacher took a photo, it was weird.

flying out of india from calcutta next monday, and going to shanghai, so should b able to make another enrtry soon.

hope your all well. and i hope everyone at the hurtwood isnt missing our excellent bar staff qualities too much.

katie and lucy xx

p.s will add photos soon but we forgot to bring our adapter for the photo card, but we'll get one in singapore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

A birdA bird
A bird

must have been the worst safari ever all we saw were "the bird" some monkeys and lots of deer. no tiger, dont even think there was a tiger in the park, it was just a con


25th November 2008

God lucy be carfull, dont get stabbed in your first week of being away! wait untill the 2nd or 3rd at least. Looking forward to some photos being added. Take care! x
27th November 2008

lol
hello i bloody mis you two! i know your entry is not meant to be for comedy value but i found it hilarious and it made me miss you more... i cant wait to see photos eventually and i see katie is like some sort of indian goddess lol aboslutely brilliant love danielle xxxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb