Goodbye Pushkar Hello Rishikesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Pushkar on Sunday at 7 pm by Taxi. We arrived in Rishikesh at our Hotel 3:30 pm the next day. Long train ride and lots of traffic.

We are both feeling drained and tired. We expected Rishikesh to be something other then what it is. Neither of us really like it here so far and might leave early. Its busy and hectic here and a undercurrent of what we feel as hostile energy. Its the first place we have seen many spaced out and drugged Indians and Westerners. Annya feels downright nervous being here.

From the pictures you can see that it is a beautiful place. We will explore more and video more. Hopefully we will be able to see the Himalaya mountains from a point not to far from here. That I am looking forward to seeing.

Maybe we are just feeling the effects of the festival of Holi. Its a springtime celebration where everyone throws colored dye on each other as they walk down the streets. Sometimes off of roof tops. Almost all businesses have been closed. A few like this cyber cafe have open for the evening. Restaurants are closed and we had to eat junk food all day. Nuts, raisins, seeds,Muesli,crackers and even some potato chips. Most folks seem to be having a good natured time and even fun.

We will follow our instincts and see what happens. Traveling might have taken its toll and we may need a break.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



12th March 2009

Ashram /Divine Life Society/Sivananda
Hope things get better for you in Rishikesh. Nadine and I had always had good feelings in Rishikesh, a sense of tranquility and spirituality over all our previous visits(4-5) there during the last many years. Perhaps explore Rishikesh side, Ganga aarti, and Sivananda Ashram. They have nightly discourses/ chantings in English.
13th March 2009

Its Been Strange Here
Things are calming down a lot here and feeling better. We read in the local paper that one boy drowned after partying with Holi and a group of 8 other boys broke into a house and molested a 15 yr old girl and beat up her father. Stuff like this can happen anywhere and it just shows even incredible spiritual places can have bad days. The energy here is great and my Meditations, Qigong and dreams have been wonderful. Richard
14th March 2009

Sweet mother Ganga
If things get to bad you could always practice swimming dragon out to the sea. That would be some serious Qigung more likely a Neigung. When I went to china I developed my Neigung, and since Neigung is a harder practice then Qigung it seems logical that you two are having an interesting trip. Keep up the trip and I'll see you when you are returned.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb