the waterfall at garud chatti


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we woke up at the unusually early hour of 8 A.M and backpack slung over shoulders headed out to explore whatever lay beyond laxman jhula(about 4 KM from the city centre). At the outset we didn't really have a 'where and what' plan. The locals told us about the fall at garud chatti and that its 3 KM from where we started. On the way we encountered a few jeeps and bikes and after a couple of failed attempts to hitch a ride we quit trying. That light trek is one the best i'v had, mountain on one side the river on the other and the sun up above. Got a bottle of water from one of the tea stalls once we reached GC and started on the small but steep and a bit trecherous ascent to the actual waterfall, ignoring the signboard of the forest authority that forbids any such kind of excursion. And the the waterfall!!!! wow!!! it would take someone much much more artistic with the language to describe it in its entirety, but i'll try my best. Its not very big, infact it can probably be described as a powerful stream, but its one the prettiest things that are left in this world. The bed of the fall is white shiny rock which constitute a kind of staircase, so when the water trickles down it and especially with the sun overhead, the laws of optics create something extremely beautiful. See the pictures, but even they can't completely recreate the experience. If ever you are anywhere rishikesh, this waterfall at garud chatti is a must.

ciao till next time.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb