Die Hard 5 rehearsals


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
October 22nd 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.071, 78.2582

The movie… is being shot in India everyday. Okay so between us and the Germans what have we hit or what has hit us. Lets see..3 scooters, one pedestrian with the mirror to the back of the head, two small tipper trucks and one large truck with the mirror and sadly one dog did not make it. The good news is other than scratches on the mirrors no panel damage. Darren summed it up nicely. " There is only so much damage you can do in first gear".

It is probably fair to say that we have tried everything from serious abuse to polite education suggestions recommending safer road use but with fairy limited success. The problems is simple.. the roads are just not built for this volume of traffic, the people are not able to afford driving lessons, the monkeys have way more sense of self preservation than the Indians, which speaks volumes for Darwin's theory of evolution and the Indian Government seems to be investing its money unwisely. For example they could do with a few less speed signs, (if we make 30 kphr we celebrate) so why not use the money set aside for speed restriction signs for pot hole repair. Now there is an idea!!

So we are heading for Rishikesh. Several days driving later we arrive in the tranquil town of Rishikesh made famous by the Beetles spending much time in an Ashram on the banks of the Ganges. Rishikesh is a sea of Sadu orange, tempered with hippy dippy foreigners seeking the path to enlightenment. The good news for us is where there are foreigners there are Laundries, cafes selling coffee and cake… and supermarkets selling foreigners breakfast cereal. Curry for breakfast is still not fun. So we hunker down for a few days, clean everything, do shopping, stare at the freaky sadu's and generally recharge the batteries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb