Trekking in the Himalayan Hills


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Nainital
April 28th 2012
Published: April 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post


Having freshly arrived in India from Switzerland we sought refuge from the busy touristy places high up in the Himalayas. When we realized that Nainital can be as busy as any other tourist hotspot during the Easter holiday, we decided to undertake a two-day trek away from the crowds and noise of the city.




Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our Himalayan trekOur Himalayan trek
Our Himalayan trek

Few minutes walk from Nainital and you are far away from the noise and the crowds of the streets.
Chris and our trekking guide DeepakChris and our trekking guide Deepak
Chris and our trekking guide Deepak

Due to our limited time in India we could afford to do only a two-day trek in the vicinity of Nainital. For the two days, we had four people to take care of us, our guide Deepak, a cook, a dish washer and baggage carrier, and a car driver. We were very well taken care of.
In front of the templeIn front of the temple
In front of the temple

Ring the bells so that the Gods know you are there.
The Himalayan hillsThe Himalayan hills
The Himalayan hills

In contrast to the Alps, in the Himalayas you can see tree-covered hills above 2000 meters altitude.
RhododenrdonsRhododenrdons
Rhododenrdons

The pre-monsoon sky makes it hard to see the snow peaks of the Himalayas. However, April is the blooming time for the Red Rhododendron that is so abundant in this region of the Himalayas.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb