Corbett National Park: The first tiger reserve in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Corbett National Park
April 25th 2018
Published: April 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful part of the Corbett Tiger Reserve, Corbett National Park lies in Nainital District of Uttarakhand. Established in 1936 as Hailey Park, the magical landscape of Corbett is well-known and famous for its vast number of tigers. Spanning over an extent of 520 sq km, Corbett is the oldest and most prestigious National Park in India.

The Tourist Zones: The tourist zones have divided into 5 main parts in order to promote tourism in this region. Some of the specified areas are marked and trails are also made for providing Jungle Safari and tourists can enjoy the intriguing behaviour of the wild animals with bare eyes.

Bijrani Safari Zone: Beautified by the abundant natural beauty and open grasslands, Bijrani Safari Zone is very famous among tourist come from all over the world.

Jhirna Safari Zone: Located at 16 km from Ramnagar City, Jhirna is another important and popular tourist zone in the Corbett National Park that offers mesmerizing views of the tourists all around the year.

Dhela Safari Zone: Included in tiger reserve zone in the year of 2014, Dhela Safari Zone is the only area in the reserves buffer zone open to tourists in Corbett Tiger Reserve. Blessed with vibrant flora and fauna, this zone attracts a large number of tourist every year. Lying at a distance of 13 km from Ramnagar city, the zone stays open throughout the year.

Dhikala Zone: Most amazing zone in the area, Dhikala is very famous among tourists for its abundant natural beauty and the exotic fauna. Just 18 km away from Ramnagar, Dhikala Zone is dedicated to the hardcore wildlife explorers.

Durga Devi Zone: For those who are fond of watching birds, Durga Devi Zone is heaven for them. Located in the north-eastern part of the Jim Corbett National Park, entry gate is just at the distance of 36 km from Ramnagar city.

Sitabani Buffer Zone: Doesn’t fall under the area of the Corbett National Park and if someone loves to indulge in the serene ambience of the natural beauty, Sitabani Buffer Zone is a must visit place for them.

How to Reach Corbett National Park

Ramnagar is the nearest approach to the Corbett National Park. Well connected by road and rail network with major cities of India like Delhi, Moradabad, Nainital, and Bareilly.

Reach by Road: Ramnagar connects different cities by road as it has a very good network of roads. The Indian national capital is just at the distance of 260 km from Ramnagar.

Reach by Rail: The Ramnagar Railway Station welcomes trains from different cities such as Delhi, Moradabad, and Bareilles y. A direct train also comes from Delhi. So tourists can then easily access the Jim Corbett National Park from the capital city of India.

Distance from Major the Cities:

• From Delhi: Delhi - Moradabad via Kashipur - Ramnagar (260 Km of the drive)

• From Nainital: Kaladhungi to Ramnagar (62 Km of the drive)

• From Lucknow: Lucknow via Bareilly - Kicha - Rudrapur - Kashipur - Ramnagar (436 km of the drive)

• From Dehradun: Dehradun to Ramnagar (232 km of the drive)

Dhikala Forest Lodge:

Jim Corbett National Park is the only National Park in India that offers night stay inside the boundary. Built in the British rule, Dhikala Forest Lodge is a historic structure, which was built hundreds of years ago. There is an old house and that is very much popular among tourists. The place is a small accommodation option which offers breathtaking vistas of flora and fauna. Though it’s not a kind of luxury resort it offers an unforgettable experience to the tourists. The tourism of Corbett National Park has been handled by the forest department.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb