The Baga Beach Cabby !!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Noida
August 26th 2015
Published: August 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We jumped into this neat Innova , clean with plush interiors . The three of us were in a hurry to reach Baga Beach and of course come back within the 4 hours limit. Such a rush that we didn’t bother to take a picture of the Number plate of the car or even notice the driver. Such was our enthusiasm. Until the cabbie spoke up. So you girls want to look around or just go to the beach directly.

Two of us in the back seat giggled at being referred as “Girls”. Our friend in the front seat carrying the bazooka like camera answered …yes , but want to take some nice pictures too . And so you want me to smile, answered this cabbie . We laughed aloud and then we got talking. We were three friends meeting after 21 years , thanks to the Zuckerburg lad and his nice apps.

We were three women nearing forty , with families and kids , living in three different towns with just our school memories in common. And here we were heading towards the beach in the beautiful yet unknown place to us , for clicking pictures, reviving memories and ofcourse, creating new ones.

Beautiful houses painted in greens, blues, yellows and pinks with colourful gardens filled with lively furniture , colourful dresses and peaceful faces … that’s what I could see all around me. A place could actually be beautiful and peaceful and fun and yet not be a Bollywood set , that is so unbelievable and yet , so it was .This place was Goa .

Our cabbie was now our guide , he talked about the history , the churches and the plantations. With a lot of pride he discussed the administration , the roads , bridges , beaches and the resorts . Ofcourse we had to ask him about the flea markets and water sports and politely he told us to visit again when it was not Off Season.

That four hour visit to the beach and back was like a refresher course in the past and the present of Goa. For the three of us , this time not only was fun filled because of the beautiful sunset at beach and the gaiety and festivity around , it was also time to ponder .To think that at ten in the night , we three women are out on the beach , not feeling scared or agitated or frightened of being out at this hour , at an unknown place .

We reached back within our time frame , offered a tip to driver which he refused saying that hopefully our reunion will be a memorable one and that we should cherish these memories for life .



Oh Yes ! the memories are amazing , the place beautiful , the beaches clean and the town peaceful . And one more memory that we are taking back is of this Cabbie . .. A true gentleman with a clean soul , representing the spirit of Goa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb