Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
March 8th 2006
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Agra

On arrival this is a much less chaotic and cleaner city, much more appealing to the 40,000 visitors which arrive daily at the Taj Mahal, one of the wonders of the world. This is a huge monument mde from marble and gems by a King to show his love for his wife. (Should have bought some chocolates and flowers, would have saved a fortune!) This now houses both of their tombs.

The culture here is very different, it’s normal for two guys to walk down the street hand in hand. We have both received a few unwanted advances/attention from male Indian locals, most of them touch and comment about our bodies. In fact about ten minutes ago a guy invited Dave into his room and was bitterly disaponited when Dave told him he had a girlfriend who looked like triple H (revenge Sarah for the text!)

The food is much better than expected, pretty much curry every day for us both lunch and evening meal, we had our first beer today as most place do not sell alcohol. We even found a small gym and a little work out while all the locals watched.

Dave

Agra: well I guess the main attraction I ve gotta talk about a bit is one of the wonders of the world, the taj mahal. Well we were guided by a little dude who looked liked a skinny cris ronaldo with dyed red hair, and lets put it this way he knew about the main gate of the temple but he sure did nt know about col gate toothpaste if you know what I mean!! Anyway he bored me half to death with history of the place and I thought it was ok but for one of the “wonders of the world” I was a bit disappointed. Old traffords well better. The trip was more interesting because when we stopped off for refreshments on the way down here there was a little dude with two trained monkeys which was quite cool at first( they were even chewing gum!!). Now after 20 mins of the monkey holding onto my jeans and making them filthy in the process and the little Indian who looked like a pirate asking for money or cigarettes I was slightly peeved. Thankfully we got on the bus again but not before I asked to swap a cigarette for one of his monkeys. he was having none of it but if you don’t ask you don’t get!! (only kiddin mum). Anyway ladies and gents Im off to play champ man with tony, will update tomorrow. Laters…….

Oh yeah I just wanna touch on the gay side of things in India. We ve asked a couple of locals and everyone denies that anyones gay in India at all. What a load of crap!! Lets put it this way if we had ben afflecks clicker we d both be on about 100 clicks(for anyone who doesn’t know watch the lynx advert) and weve not had any advances from women!! So India is majorly batty! I would just like to point out to those who don’t already know, I’m not homophobic as one of my good mates is gay, is’nt that right Keith!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb