(Agra)vating


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
March 18th 2008
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chilling by the TajChilling by the TajChilling by the Taj

Enjoying the beautyof the Taj Mahal at sunrise
Just spent the last couple of days in Agra which to be honest has nothing going for it besides a pretty impressive fort and the Taj Mahal which despite knowing exactly what it was going to look like was still pretty amazing. Definitely one of those 'have to do' things if your in India we got up early to watch the sunrise beside this awe inspiring piece of architecture painting a nice pink glow on its pristine marble surface. I do have pictures but will wait till i have a few more good new ones before i put them on as i have to burn a cd every time i want to upload photos.

Our hotel is really nice with the luxury's of a tv, private balcony, bathroom with HOT water, sofa and a rooftop restaurant with a great view of the taj. At just over 2.50 a person it seems wrong but i can hardly complain.

Not much else exciting has really happened in Agra, as i said its a pretty dull place where the locals aren't as nice and its far too touristy almost ruining our enjoyment of the Taj as people fight to get in a
Agra FortAgra FortAgra Fort

Impressive yet somewhat boring on the inside
good position to take a picture. Also more people are trying to scam you and the hassling is worse and more persistent.

In case anyone was worrying we have heard about the protests in Lhasa and so collectively have decided its not worth the risk going to Tibet in fact there was a big protest in Varanasi with Tibetans walking through the streets shouting for justice from the Indian Government, all completely harmless though, they just wanted to be heard. This means we have gained almost an extra two weeks which gives us more time in India and Nepal so we have decided to go back to Varanasi for the Holi festival which we weren't able to do before where everything closes and thousands flock to the waterside to cover each other with water and coloured powder, the same happens on the rooftops with showers of colour everywhere you look, so we are both very excited. I am also considering doing a 10 day intensive meditation course in a monastery in the mountains of Nepal where everyday you wake up at 04.00, aren't allowed to talk to anyone or make eye contact and aren't allowed to eat after midday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Room With A ViewRoom With A View
Room With A View

View of Taj from hotel restaurant
Lawnmower?Lawnmower?
Lawnmower?

The highly advanced lawnmower of the Taj Mahal
Personal SanctuaryPersonal Sanctuary
Personal Sanctuary

Couldn't resist


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb