India (Ooty)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Ooty
January 24th 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Travel Period - Mar to Apr 2009

We arrived at Ooty just in the nick of time. Why? Its because on that day, it was "Save The Earth Day" and all electricity will be cut temporarily and we wouldnt have managed to check-in.

Our trip from Madurai to Ooty was a bumpy one. The roads were so narrow yet the driver skillfully managed to manuvore the vehicle well. As we were reaching higher, we could glance down and see how high we were. People with fear of heights will definately shiver at the look of it. As nighttime falls, the temperature dipped further. We had a minor accident on our way up. Another vehicle was speeding behind us and hit our car, near the bumper. There was a small fight, well just verbal one as my dad and uncle were there to back up the driver.

We checked-in and were given lots of candles to lit when the lights went off. We got a room that gave us a view of the bonfire that the hotel arranged for all the guests. We were too tired from all our travelling that we just stayed in our room.

The next morning, we had lots of sightseeing to do. We had breakfast first, variety was that great. Then did some snooping around the hotel and took pictures. We headed to the Lake where there was also a bazaar and market as well. We did some shopping and Ooty is famous for its nilgeri oil for all ailments. I managed to catch the toy train (actual train) which looked very cute.

Well, this sums up my trip to India. I must admit that this was indeed a really short trip due to my work. India, as always, as been interesting. I hope to explore other parts of India, especially the northern states and of course Taj Mahal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb