A Full Day of Worship and Fellowship


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Coimbatore
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone, Ben here. We had such an amazing time today at church and I can't wait for the girls to tell you all about it. We did pretty much the same thing as last time except we had 160 visitors today and three baptisms up on the roof of the meeting hall. We got a lot of video and photos to share when we get back. Jen, everybody sends their love and wishes you could be here. Suresh and Jhancy were part of a church planting and are leading a small church now. Their whole church came for the service today and Suresh will be staying for the next few days to help us. Victor and Elizabeth, who postponed their wedding in 2005 to be with us, are doing well and send their love. Jhancy's and Victor's mom and dad came today. That may not seem like much but it was their first visit and if you remember her mom stopped talking to her when she became a Christian and didn't even attend her wedding. I love you and hope you have given Ev all of those hundred kisses I requested. Go ahead and give him a hundred more!!!
Love,
Ben


Hola!! Today was AMAZING!!! Hearing the songs and messages in both English and Tamil was sweet. I want to learn a Tamil song so bad! There were 160 visitors at church and 3 baptisms, and one of the baptisms the sister was 72 years old. She is so amazing. She cant read the scriptures but she has them read to her and she walks 2 km to church. She doesnt let her age hold her back in anyway. She comes to every meeting and every bible talk even though she has to walk. Talk about CONVICTING!! The fellowship at church was also wonderful. I had to get a translater to talk to the people but I still felt connected to each and everyone of them. They are all so happy that we are here that they continually serve us. To tell you everything they have sacrificed for us and done for us already would take pages. After church and fellowship we went to a park and play mulitple games of volleyball (YAY!!) It was so much fun.

I miss you and love you all,
Waterfalls of love,
YSIC Autumn



Hello All!

It's been a few days since I last wrote and so much has happened during that time. One thing I am most inspired by is the brothers and sisters hearts to serve. I came here to serve, though instead they are serving us way more and also thanking us for being here. Yesterday, I was able to share my faith with a sister on the city streets. It was the most faith building and refreshing experience! Those whom we reached out to actually stopped to listen to us. There must have been over 30 people that we shared with who listened and get this...happily... agreed to come to service.
We played volleyball today, as well. Man was that fun, but it was played so incredibly
righteously. Ya know how teams take a time out to huddle for strategy? Well, the Indian brothers and sisters huddle for prayer. Threw me way off. I'm thinking, "how can we better strategize to win" and their thinking "how can increase in our righteousness during the play." Well gotta go now. By the way, Ben and Damon delivered God's message powerfully! Kuddos to the Spirit moving and the brothers being vulnerable to the Spirit.

Love ya'll
Ericka ^_^



Greetings to my brother and sisters in Toledo from Coimbatore, India. We arrived on Saturday. Smiley the womens' ministry leader here and Rosario, a Bible Talk leader in the church met us. I was able to evangelize with Ericka and Shequila, a sister from the church here, in the streets of India. After dinner, I went with two Indian sisters to do follow up visits in person for Sunday Church Service. We rode in a rickshaw in the neighborhoods of Coimbatore to visit the homes and places of work of women to make sure they would be at church service the next day. It was a convicting, humbling, overwhelming experience. When one family heard that an American was coming to visit their home, the whole family made sure to be there to meet me. They were excited that their family member had a friend from America. I guess I'll share more about this later when I see you again. Who in America does follow up visits in person on a Saturday night to make sure the people they envangelize will be at church the next day. Church was incredible. There were three baptisms today and a 160 visitors. We play volleyball with the brothers and sisters in the evening.
Love you all and miss you, Cindy Lou Who?!


P.S. Ben here again, I cannot forget to say that I read a few of your messages during service today and the church was extremely encouraged to hear your love expressed directly in your words. Please take time to form your thoughts so that we can share them with the Cochin, Kottayam, and Trivandrum churches as well. One last thing, the Coimbatore church is FIRED UP that Alex and Holland got baptized since they came last time. Felix's son Raphael was only three years old in 2005 but has never stopped asking when Alex will return. The entire church loves Alex Berk!!! Writing his name out can't convey the adorable way they put the emphasis on the end of ah-LEX, ah-LEX!!! If possible, Alex, please send me a recent picture of yourself to benjaminweatherston@yahoo.com so I can share it with everyone so I don't have to keep trying to tell them you don't look like that anymore.
Thanks and we love you all,
Ben



Advertisement



24th June 2007

GOtta love those Coimbatorians
Hey again- Ben, don't forget, Derin has been baptized too! That makes 3. I love how Cindy was met by that entire family. I remember how often that happened to us in 2005. It's so exciting to have people excited to meet you! (Not in a proud way, but just that it's the Kingdom). Please tell Smiley that I have thought of her often and our shopping excursion! That's really cool about the 160 visitors and 3 baptisms. I bet the service was super energized! Ben, Ev is saying HI right now! love, Jen ps. DOn't forget to see that family in Cochin-- Rajan, his wife Lalitha, his daughters (one was Poornima, I forget the other name).
24th June 2007

We're Cheering for You Team
What a thrill to read about all the incredible things you all are experiencing over there. We pray your energy holds up. I know you get exhausted at times. So you had 160 visitors yesterday. How many attended altogether? We're just so excited you are there and we pray for you constantly. The church here in Grand Rapids is just buzzing about you guys. Our bulletin was all blog today. We would all like to personally meet all our brothers and sisters in India. Doureen we miss you sooo much. God bless all of you. from Pat and Phil
25th June 2007

Cutting Hearts
Hey, how goes it? Hopefully this finds you well, inspired, and maybe taking a moment to relax. Thank you all so much for your posts and please send our love, prayers, and support to our brothers and sisters abroad. It has been incredible to follow your journey and to hear the amazing feats being done for God by the "average joe". Walking 2k for a service at 72? I can't even do that at 24... Please let them know how much they inspire us, and thank you all for having the strength, conviction, and heart to travel so far. -- Cindy, you're missed and we eagerly await your return and to hear the details of how God is changing the face the world. Praying for you all. -- Brett "I"m eating this cheese burger for you" Hibbler
25th June 2007

Hi Autumn
Hi Autumn, It sounds like you are having a great time and doing so much good. we are so happy to hear from you. We will be checking in and reading all about your AWESOME experience. We love you, Dad, Kim, Cameron and Spencer.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb