The Leading of the Lord


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
May 4th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

While in Chennai, our team led three church services. About the middle of the week, we all gathered and had a time of prayer and listening to the Spirit’s leading of who should do which role. We opened up by surrendering the time to Christ and then spent time in silence to listen. While in the time of silence listening for which person should give the testimony and preach, the thought of the drama came to my mind. We were doing a drama about healing to the song “Angus Dei”. Jordan and Tierney then came to my mind. They both were going through different kinds of healing.

We were done with putting out the laundry on the roof one afternoon at Little Lights and coming down the steps. Jordan missed one step and sprained her foot. Her foot swelled up pretty bad and we had prayed over it quite a few times for healing. Tierney had some kind of skin tag and had to go to the hospital and get it removed. We were all very nervous at first because it was in a foreign country and we were not sure what they medical treatment was like. The small surgery that the doctors were able to perform went through with no problems and the wound was healing, but it was still painful.

After we listen for a few minutes, we all shared what we felt the Lord was telling us. I said that I felt that Tierney was to give her testimony and that Jordan was to preach. Lisa and Cristal said that they both felt that exact same thing! Nate felt that as well only that Jono should preach, not Jordan. Kelsie said what she felt and it was that Hayley should preach. We decided that we should listen again to see what the Lord said. That is when things started getting really exciting!

Tierney and I didn’t really feel anything communicated to us the second time. Kelsie still felt Hayley should preach. Nate then received Hayley and Jono for preaching. Cristal as well as Lisa both felt that Jordan should play the cripple in the drama that we were performing. Kelsie then realized that Jono and Hayley both taught on the same passage in Mark during the lecture phase in DTS! “Whoa!” We all said. Hayley had taught on Mark 5:25-34. Jono taught on the passage surrounding that in Mark 5: 21-24, 35-43. It was so amazing to see how our church service was coming together and it was all the leading of the Lord! Jesus is so good!

Hayley and Jono did a team teaching on Mark 5:21-43. Tierney gave her testimony and Jordan played the crippled in the play along with Nate as the blind, myself as the broken hearted and Jono as Jesus. It was and is still so amazing to see how the Lord leads so strongly when we truly surrender things to him. Jesus speaks and we must listen and be patient knowing that he will speak to us!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb