Day 3


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 30th 2014
Published: January 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We had to get up early to get to the station to catch the train. So the alarm was set for 4.30am. Unfortunately we set it wrongly. On waking up we looked at the clock and it was 5 to 5. That was a rush. We were down to get the taxi and 10 past. The station was like the whole world had arrived at the same time, with cars, tuk-tuks and bikes all over the place. Found the platform and started to wait. We then got our first taste of an Indian scam. A man told us we needed a boarding pass for the train and had to report to a tourist office. On getting there we were told the train was cancelled and we would have to get a taxi to another station to catch a later train. We even started off in a taxi but all the time having a feeling that it was not right. So back to the station to find the train waiting. A scam that nearly worked and could have set our travel plans back. We have realised that the majority of people who want to talk to you or come near you are either trying to sell you something, want you to visit their shop or are trying to scam money from you. We are now more wise to this.

The train journey was excellent, nice comfy reclining seats. We were given a reasonable breakfast, like a very bad airline meal, but did keep us going.

Had another good meal at a restaurant with an outside terrace on the roof. The temperature during the day has been about 26c and last night was about 12c.

The hotel in Jaipur is good, with a large room. Hope to have a good nights sleep as we are very tired.

Tomorrow we really start our tourist bits with a guide around Jaipur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb