Day 3 - Travel to Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
April 27th 2023
Published: April 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Started our bus trip to Jaipur at 8.50. Entertaining journey out of Delhi watching how the traffic completely ignores the lanes marked on the road, like they don't exist.

Stopped at 11.45am for an early lunch at a nice place in the middle of nowhere called the Siva Oasis Resort. We discovered today that all our dinners are provided, so we ate a light lunch of creme of chicken soup and garlic naan for Daisy and a grilled chicken sandwich for me. Arjun also asked us to tip the rest room attendants. 10 rupees per person is a fair amount.

We left to continue our journey at 12.50pm. The landscape changes towards Jaipur from flat to hilly. Many trucks are colourfully painted and have decorations. Arjun says it's because the trucks are like their home because of the long drives. Another highway sight is men riding on the back of vans standing and holding on.

Arrived at our Jaipur Hotel, KK ROYAL HOTEL, at 3.10pm. Short rest and off again to a gem stone factory. Standard package tour item of taking you to a factory for a demonstration, hoping you'll buy something. Peter and Gordon had wisely decided to opt out.

Daisy had time to have a swim in the pool before our scheduled dinner at 7.30. It was OK, a mix of tuna and mash and different curries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb