Yes I know they filmed a Bond movie here!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
February 10th 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well weve made it to Udaipur, which is fabulous, I love it our hotel is one of the best weve stayed in and it right on the lake!

Weve been to the City Palace, which is pretty amazing and to the Monsoon Palace which is where they filmed some of the Bond movie Octopussy. (they show the movie everynight!!) Getting there was abit of a challange, we got shoved into some rickshaws to make the journey 7km uphill to the palace, this road is full of hairpin bends and shear drops! halfway to the base of the climb (our guide isnt with us) they tell me to get out the rickshaw and get into another, caz was doing her nut and shouting at the driver to stop as he was about to drive off with her and Donna and leave me on the side of the road, we then realised that instead of 3 per ricky they were spreading us out, it wasnt until we got halfway up the hill we realised why! I ended up in sharing with Tim and we had the most dodgy looking rickshaw ever! by the time we got halfway it was pumping fums/smoke directly into the back and the driver was swerving from side to side to get the air in so we didnt choke! Then there was a bang and silence! We were assured that this was perfectly normal and if we waited 5 mins it would all be fine. So after a little photoshoot with the driver halfway up the hill we resumed our journey, with a very warm engine! We got about another 2km and then had to stop again. it sounds funny now but it wasnt at the time!! we eventually made it to the top and realised that we had to go back down a 7km hill in this dodgy rickshaw (they turn off the engine and hit them out of stick to save fuel) never been so scared in my life - but im alive to tell the tale!

So Udiapur has been fun, relaxing by the lake, doing abit of shopping and a bit of drinking! (but not too much mum and aunti ro!XX) We also did a cooking class - so when I get home Barrie im cooking you Indian!

Were off on an overnight train to Jaipur tonight, so Il catch up with you all soon!

Lots of Love

Kelxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb