Udaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
November 22nd 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm guessing at the date since we've neglected this blog for a week. We were in a small town last week (I think John's describing it on the other computer right now) which didn't have readily available internet access.

The rest of our stay in Udaipur was quiet and relaxing. We wandered through the gardens and the zoo (which had about 6 animals in it), rented a pedallo boat and pedalled around Fateh Sagar lake, and saw the rock garden and statues of Maharana Pratap (Moghul resister!) and his loyal horse Chetak. We also spent a lot of time in rooftop restaurants drinking chai and watching sunsets. I can't get enough of the milky, sweet, fragrant tea that they serve here! To learn more, we took a cooking class at one of the restaurants we really enjoyed eating at. We saw some things that we wished we hadn't, involving the food, the floor, babies and feet, but we also learned a lot about what makes everything taste so good! We started off making chai, and the teacher showed us the spices we needed to mix and the amounts of tea, milk and sugar required to make her delicious tea. Then she showed us the 5 spices that seemed to be the basis of everything else she made - mustard, chili, tumeric, corriander and cumin seeds - and a basic potato mix that she used to stuff parathas and samosas. From there it got more complicated, with sweet banana curry and a stuffed tomato curry. Hopefully we'll remember some of what she showed us when we get back home!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb