Pushkar Mushkar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
March 13th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Namaste!
Pushkar is now our home for the moment, we are glad to have left the city behind. Although we did enjoy our time in Jaipur, especially the City Palaceand the Jaipur Observatory (Jantar Mantar). This was built by Jai Singh in 1728, it's a collection of sculptures or instuments used for calculatingeclipses and star positions. One of these is 27m high set at 27 degrees it's used for calculating local and merridan pas time and attributes of heavenly bodies..and we though sundials were clever!!
Anyway as we said we are now in a place called Pushkar, on the way we passed over snake mountain and Pushkar sits in a bowl surrounded by mountains absolutley breathtaking. Pushkar is a holy town it's really important pilgramage cwente for devout Hindis and they should visit here once in there lifeime, there is also alot of Sadhus (these men give up there family , home and posessions to travel all the pilgramage sites in India. The town is centred around the Holy lakeand people bath on the Ghats (steps that lead down to the lake edge) We have a room that over looks the holy lakeand it's so relaxing watching people go about there business. Inside the Ghats the beat of drums start steadily echoing around the lake then increasing to a mad fast beat, the bird go mad flying around the lake till suddenly they stop and all is quiet. We have no plans to leae at the moment a this place has a real nice chilled feel to it.
Everyday India trowls up something new for us another emotion another smile. Sometimes its feel like a medieval town with people doing what they must of done since the dawn of time. We are tying to learn a bit about the religion and country this place is so so different to what we have in England, the rest of the world. Now we are fully used to sharing the streets we pigs, camels, dogs, holy cows and street kids. If we gave to everybody that asked we would be broke by now!!! So when we get back we are going to give a donation to an organisation which can really help where needed the most!!! Loving every moment we are here!!!

Advertisement



13th March 2006

loving the blogs! So nice have an insight into the things you are experiencing it all sounds truly amazing!! when can we have some Pics? L X x X
13th March 2006

Cant Keep Up
It all sounds so good I am following your every move..Keep the blogs coming they are so interesting- I did read up about the Taj!!!Have passed your blog onto Stuart down under! Cant wait for the photos. The sun is shining back here and we had snow last week, according to the web you are visiting at the right time of year! Take care you two, keep them coming, continue to enjoy - lots of love PaulineXXXX
16th March 2006

Holi Day
'Holi' day was also Carol's birthday. Was it the event that you were expecting it to be? You will no doubt be feeling very chilled and peaceful now. Hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!! Take Care. Love from Pamela and Carol in sunny Los Belones. Spain. xxxxx
20th March 2006

Jelous, Moi?
Hi Guys, Keep them coming. Sounds like you're having an amazing experience. I wish we had this when we did our wanderings. You're the highlight of my lunchbreak! Can't wait to see some pictures. S

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb