Crouching Camel, Hidden Monkey


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Namaste Everyone!!

We are alive!!!!

Sorry for the delay, we have been crazy busy since we stepped of the plane in Delhi.
We have already been to lots of different places around Rajasthan, to name a few, Jhunjhunu, Bikaner, Jailsalmer, Jodphur and Pushkar where we are at the moment.

We are now offical Camel riders after riding our trusty steeds into the desert and making camp under the stars; Ray Mears eat your heart out!

We have viewed more forts and temples than you can shake a monkey tail at, but they are all pretty amazing. One of the temples we have visited is nick named the Rat temple, for the obvious reason it is full of hundreds of rats crawling around everywhere. We think we have avoided Viles disease, but if anyone knows the symptoms then please do lets us know!

We are slowly getting used to everything over here, we can't believe we have only been here for 10 days it feels like a lot longer! purely because of the enormous culture shock.

Pushkar where we are at the moment is really lovely and a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, it is full of young and ageing hippies alike and it's nice and relaxed.

However tomorrow we are heading to the capital of Rajasthan, which will be a bit mental, but we are going to watch a Bollywood film and ride an elephant up to the fort; which is definitely a first for us!

Our next 10 days are already planned, we are heading to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, then on to the holy city of Varanasi, Mumbai, then Goa for lots of lounging like lizards on the beach.

Obviously there are the usual con-men who target us westerners, and we would like to think ourselves as quite savvy, but there is always a few that slip through the net. Our pasty skin is like a magnet for those tricksters.

Even in the peaceful desert, in the middle of nowhere a random guy seemed to pop out from behind one of the dunes, selling cold drinks, followed by a man who played an invisible instrument, making it look like he played his moustache along with some dancing girls all of whom we had to tip.

We have made friends with a local man in Delhi, who has been driving us around lots of places for the past week (don't worry he is government approved). He has been teaching us lots about prices and what to expect/accept from people. We only have a few day trips left with him, then we will have the full burden of our backpacks to carry (Clare's weigh's 2 stone!)

We are off to dine on our roof terrace now and watch the frolicking monkeys on the roof tops.

Next time we update you guys we will attempt to upload some pretty pictures, but the interweb is not to reliable round these parts.

Hope everything is going well for everyone back home, keep us updated on any happenings, miss you all lots, take care of yourselves and each other.

Jem and Clare
xxxxxxxxxxxxx


Advertisement



10th October 2007

Lovely to hear from you!
Wow, lovely to hear from you! I was only thinking the other day we have not heard anything. Sounds like you have been doing so much in such a short space of time. So much to see and take in the time must be flying by. Glad you've kept your wits about you, but watch out for those strange men ..... and their merry troops! So Jemma do I take it your rucksack is weighing the most at the moment - does this mean you have been bartering and buying loads! Will look forward to receiving your next update along with photos! Make sure you keep spraying and taking the pills. Everyone here sends their wishes and says "you must be bloody mad"! No only joking. Write again soon, Sandy
10th October 2007

Hey Jem
Hiya Sounds like you guys are having a great time, I am so jealous!! the closest I get to exotic is taking Adam to Linton Zoo! (which he loved btw, as the lions were tracking him from the other side of the fence, so he found it hilarious). You take care with those shiisters! Enjoy it all, I remember the fab food and the wonderful people- ahh the memories! We all miss you here (well I do anyway!) Love Karen xx
10th October 2007

I thought i would be the first to publicly comment on your travels. It sounds amaaazzzzinngggggg.. enjoy!
10th October 2007

From Holland to India.
Dear friends From Den Bosch we wish you the best travel party. India is the land for discovery so let's do it. Take care please. Your Dutch friends Wim and Nelly.
10th October 2007

Invisible Instrument
All sounds great. Beware if the random man you spoke of says he'd like to show you his invisible instrument would be my advice. Keep having fun Steve
15th October 2007

Travelling Pants
Hey you two. It sounds like you have both packed a lot in to your trip already! Have lots of adventures (safe ones) and give us some snaps as soon as you can. Love Zanne xxx

Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb