Shopping in Jodhpur. Travel Shopping Tips and Tricks


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
May 14th 2013
Published: May 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

One thing which most of the people do on a holiday trip is to shop. It is something like a must do. Shopping in Jodhpur is an exciting and rewarding shopping experience for the visitors. It is the homeplace of many talented and skilled craftsmen. They include textile dyers, metal engravers and die-makers. Jodhpur still, probably, has the last of the tailors of the classic 'Jodhpur' breeches. While in Jodhpur, don't forget to buy the famous Jodhpuri Suit. It gives a royal identity to your dressing. Jodhpur is regarded as one of the most famous hub for wholesale export operations in India and attracts significant number of European and North American dealers. Shopping attractions of Jodhpur include the popular items of Jodhpur and the markets where you can buy them.



The popular items of Jodhpur, Rajasthan are:

Antiques

Bandhini

Footwear

Mathaniya's Red Chillies

The following lines provide information about the main Jodhpur, India shopping places and their famous items:



Sojati Gate:

The famous items available here are Tie and Dye Sarees. These Sarees are quite famous with the royal and upscale crowd. You can get a huge variety and if you bargain smarty you can even get good prices. You can also buy tie dye material and get it stitched into a western outfit.



Station Road:

This market is famous for Leather, Embroidered shoes and Utensils.The all popular Juti's (A type of traditional footwear in Rajasthan) can be bought from here. The shops are are famous for their celebrity clientele. You might want to buy some if you wanna look different from the crowd



Tripolia Bazaar:

You can shop here for local Handicrafts and Textiles. It is one of the most popular place for tourists. You can get lots of chic souvenirs from here that you can take back with you, gift them to friends and family or goes on your shelf. The prices are priced well because of the competition. You will find many shops there, but buy from the one you personally like.



Mehrangarh fort:

Being a tourist spot you will find lots of shops selling many different items that tourists will love to shop. Masala's, Handicrafts, Painting, Clothing etc. almost everything a tourist will buy will be available here. But you might want to bargain as the prices are quite high here as compared to the shops in the local market.





Clock Tower:

Apart from the well-known item "spices", this is another place to shop for Handicrafts and Textiles. But If you want to buy Spices than this is the only place you should look for. You will find lots of shops here selling spices and Tea's. You can also find some small antique stuff over here. But stay away from people who will try to show you around for free, because you will end up in their shop buying stuff maybe you don't want to buy.



So these are the places that you should visit in your shopping spree in Jodhpur If you need a guided tour of the city or if you need any help or info regarding traveling in Jodhpur. please feel free to contact me

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb