Jaislamer to Jodhpur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 8th 2006
Published: March 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well at least I now know where those baggy pants got there name - welcome to Jodhpur, not only home to baggy pants but of course more temples and forts…
First of all we toured around Jodphur fort which overlooks the old town, the fort itself was very impressive and has apparently never been breached although there are several cannon ball marks so at least someone tried. From the top of the fort the views were fantastic, especially of the old town which is painted blue to try and keep the occupants cool - and they need all the help they can get a it's pretty darn hot and it's not even summer. While we were touring the fort we noticed that they did evening meals so we made reservations for that night and toured around the old city towards the main center.
Unfortunately we managed to lose our bearings and ended up a little lost, fortunately however I did manage to have a shave from a local lad which was a new experience, I'm not even sure he shaved himself he was that young so why not let him lose with a cut throat razor, in the end the shave was very good and I'm sure I'll be having a few more before I leave.
That night we returned to the fort for our evening meal, as it turns out reservations were not required as apart from the staff we were the only people there so we had the entire fort to ourselves. The meal itself was pretty darn good and we even splashed out on a bottle of wine and with the sounds of the city below and the fact that we were the only people there it was a great night all round, and just to finish off our driver even waited for us while we ate our meal - now this is definitely champagne backpacking…



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb