day 10


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
December 17th 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we decided to go to THE PALACE which we had seen in the distance from the FORT it looks a bit of a way but its worth going to look at. It was really nice; its quiet new actually and as it¦s a hotel there is only a couple of rooms open to people not staying there. We then sat in the garden having coffee it was perfect! So maybe Jodhour wasnt so bad after all...
We had to go and find a bank to pay in the money for our hotel in Goa (they wouldnt let us just pay when we got there) that actually went quiet smoothly, well ok paying the money in did. First of all we had to find the bank; the tuk tuk driver didnt know where he was going and kept stopping every so often to ask people... At one point we ended up in a street full of goats! It was Eid the following day so everyone was buying the goats (I imagine to eat) Funny looking things goats arent they?
Eventually we just got out of the tuk tuk near the post office and went in to ask for directions. A man said if you hang on a moment Ill show you... So we followed him to the bank, he only nearly killed us once crossing the road but hey ho! When we got to the bank he explained to the guard what we wanted and they showed us in... THANK YOU! So we then had to make the transfer, which as I said went smoothly although I dont think the bank were happy that we asked to use the phone to call the hotel to advise that the money had been transferred... So that the hotel sorted.
After that we had another look around the town and went to the cenotaph which was pretty underwhelming! From there we walked back up to the fort and through the street back down towards the town, in the way we stopped at the SHIVAM PAYING GUEST HOUSE for food. We had pakora; veg mix rice and naan for me, banana choc pancake for DK. Lemon tea and a coffe 226Rps... And it was nice as well, nicest food we have had here. We came back to the hotel and sat on the roof reading and catching the sun, it was really nice day. I wanted to use the internet so Lokesh tried to get one of the PCs working, couldnt, and so gave me his laptop to use. How nice was that. We went for a walk around where we are staying tonight and found a sweet shop it was really old fashioned. We bought crisps, biscuits nut brittle and some Indian sweets, we are now sat in our room packed, ready to go, eating sweets and watching TV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb