Do You Know What is ECO ToUrism?


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
August 30th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Environment continue to bear on pressure of human population growth, which makes the planet shrinking swiftly. Natural flora and fauna is gradually decreasing because of continuous exploitation of nature by humans; expansion of agriculture, urbanization, deforestation and illegal poaching are some of the human activities that put Indian rich biodiversity in jeopardy.

EcoTourism is a concept that instill awareness about local culture, how to minimize environmental impacts and create a desire to preserve and promote natural wealth. The goal of Eco-tourism is to increase tourism simultaneously with conservation and preservation. Eco-tourism involves traveling through different biodiversity rich places for enjoyment and experience nature’s beauty. The prime objective of Eco-tourism is to provide environmental education as well earn revenue.

Although there are accusation that tourist often stripped the landscape by exploiting to its fullest. For example, during the mountainous expeditions it is common habit to use plants for fuel and left lot of rubbish that grime environment as well as spoils future expeditions. But it has been proved that Eco-tourism has a potential to increase the positive effects of forest conservation. A proper Eco-tourism not only promote conservation of the natural ecosystems but also support their local economies.

There are also a school of thought where they believe that EcoTourism and preservation of nature cannot exist without each other. Eco-tourism actually promote the environment consciousness and cultural component. Just because of rising demand of Eco-tourism, secluded places that use to be exploited by local people are given importance and there has been special arrangement for the protection of natural wealth. Eco-tourism doesn’t disturb or modify the actual biodiversity of India, it only popularize the secluded parts of India.

If tourism is nature based but not educative, not ecologically sustainable and do not help local people, it is not considered as Eco-tourism. Primary motive of tourism is do business and profit, in this context Eco-travel is a solution for tourism related hazards and pollution. A well managed Eco-tourism can be hugely beneficial for biodiversity. This can fulfill several environment friendly objectives of nature and wildlife, providing funds for natural conservation, increase awareness about environmental issues, earning revenue as well as employment generation for local people.

India is full of topographical variations with amazing scenic beauty. Mountainous ranges of Himalayas, golden beaches, impenetrable forests and plenty of water bodies along with rich blend of culture that provokes people across the world to tour India. Eco-tourism is the best way to enjoy the nature’s charisma without harming it, traveling to unspoilt places with an admiration of nature’s marvels, Eco-tourism is the best way to learn while savor the beauty of nature.




COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb