post office day!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
October 5th 2002
Published: October 5th 2002
Edit Blog Post

had a slight hangover today!!!
Firstly went to the shop next door to hotel paradise and bought our other stuff, which we had bought- his tailor agreed to sew a parcel up for us ( 7 cushion covers, 2 welcome doors, bedspread, 2 photo albums, 3 bags and a postcard for Rs 150- weighed 4kg. We then went to the post office, where apparently wax can be found to seal the parcel....NOT!!! We then started the great wax hunting debarcle! You are not allowed to send parcels unless they have been sealed by red wax... so we had to get back in the rickshaw and back to the fort! EVENTUALLY found a handicraft shop who agreed to do it with a red candle and a rupee coin! Back to the post office with 20 minutes before it closed! After some pushing and shoving we got to the front of the queue and sent it for Rs 900. Also sent postcards and letters. Had lunch at monica- I had an ok egg curry, Bri had mashed potato/ mushrooms and onions (aah bless!) Had a wander and returned to our hotel. Went to collect our rings aat 17:00- they are brill - Bloke (Oshio) who made them is a right laugh! Showed pappy our photos and returned to our hotel and got ready to go to the itallian- fab meal (lasagne) . Lots of tourists about now. Bri watched Newcastle united live- they won; bolton got beat!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb