Rajasthan Part 2 (Jodhpur - Jaisalmer)


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
January 27th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We continued our adventures in Rajasthan with a quick stop in Jodhpur, known as ‘the blue city’ thanks to the bright blue painted houses of the old city. Our main purpose in coming here was to visit the mighty Meherangarh - the old fort of Jodhpur - which absolutely towers over the rest of the city. It really is nothing short of awesome, everything a fort should be - imposing, grand and beauti... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




5th February 2009

Hello!
Stumbled onto your blog while trying to find out information on Udaipur. It looks like we're doing your exact route, only in reverse. We got the exact same photo of the child beer sign! And also got crapped on by a pidgeon. I'm glad to hear that you aren't such a walking ATM in the south, it's been driving me crazy. (edtraveling.blogspot.com)
13th February 2009

Brilliant photos
Hello, just wanted to say that the photos in your blog are really good. I went to India with a group of friends last summer and saw both of these places so seeing the photos brought back some brilliant memories...although having to end in Dehli wasn't the best part of the trip!
25th February 2009

"I had to go back to the hotel to shower and then eat to recover from this Jodhpur life scarring event." - I knew you'd regret not taking your biohazard suit with you eventually. "It is very disturbing to wake up and find a camel half a metre from your head." - Also great to know that while you might be changing India, it isn't changing you, haha. The blue city looked phenomenal, I know that word has been oft used in my analysis of your travels but it's oh so true. I am also sure the camel safari was rewarding, although two days riding is a little backside reliant for my liking (and seemingly for you too). Shocked you scrapped the golden temple though, that would probably have been the one thing I'd have ensured I saw.
28th February 2009

Not travelling to Amritstar was one of the hardest decisions we have had to make on this trip. You have to understand, if it was up to us, we would have gone. However, it was only once we got to Jaisalmer we realised that we couldn't go to Amritsar directly (even if a train line connects it, doesn't mean there is a train running!) and once there we simply didn't have enough time. It would have taken almost 3 days straight travelling (Jaisalmer has no active airport due to its proximity to the Pakistan border) which would have given us 1 day in Amritsar and then a day to get to Dehli by train to get the flight out. As we have come to realise, it is not unusual for trains to be cancelled due or many hours late. You'll see sometimes things don't work out when you are travelling and thats just the way it is. Not to concerned though as I am already planning a return journey taking in much of the North West and North East I didn't get to see. You need at least 6 months to do India justice, so really, I'm not even halfway there!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb