turbans,camels and snakes


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
April 2nd 2008
Published: February 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Oh my god it’s so boiling hot here in the desert, so hot I slept on the roof of our room one day. We stayed her for 4 days in this huge sandcastle like fort. Rajasthan is a very different place everything is so old and ancient it’s like being in a fairy tale sometimes (apart from all the rubbish and shit everywhere). We made a friend who had a shop opposite our hotel he rented us a turban for our camel safari and all of the locals were highly amused at my magic...this magic invested in is defiantly a winner!

We went on a camel safari, the first part of the day was rubbish to be honest, wandering through scrub land in the blistering heat on a camel that is way too wide for comfort. After lunch and a snooze under a tree we continued and this time it was allot more bearable the sun was going down and we were in the real sand dunes which were very peaceful and beautiful. Plodding along on rocket (my camel) through the sand we finally reach our camp, after dinner and a very warm beer (that did not get naturally cool by placing in the sand) we spent the night swapping stories with the others in our group, ok we were mainly complaining about some Indians and their so called hospitality and being pirates but it was all in good humour!

Time to go to bed, we were banished to the top of a sand dune, one of the boy camel drivers who was already sleeping suddenly sat up...bearing in mind it was pitch black, they didn’t have a torch and neither did me or jade. I was wondering what the boy was looking at....next thing you know he’s telling me he heard a snake and prodding at our rug with a stick that we were about to get into to sleep in, then he went running down the sand dune and batting the hell out of the snake....lovely!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb