India - Rajasthan "Udiapur,Jodhpur & Jaisalmer....


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
February 1st 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I had trouble tearing myself away from Pushker!!!! It had been my home for the last week and I’d loved the unpacking and settling in vibe of the place!!!! But next stop was to be Udaipur which the guide books and fellow travelers rave about…. I arrived after a fairly easy 10 hour bus into the water city.. Known mainly for the James Bond movie Octopussy, which was filmed in the Lake Palace and ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Welcome To The World Of Ray!!!!Welcome To The World Of Ray!!!!
Welcome To The World Of Ray!!!!

Was so excited when i found this!!! or should i say first found this!!!! as there are Raymond shops everywhere being that its the main brand in quality suits here...
Proof About The Cows!!!Proof About The Cows!!!
Proof About The Cows!!!

This was the 3rd one to pass me while doing this blog!!!!!!!!
Jaisalmer Fort...Jaisalmer Fort...
Jaisalmer Fort...

The Trade Center Of Days Gone By, this stunning place had certain charm just a shame about the touristy aspect...
Jaisalmer Fort By Night...Jaisalmer Fort By Night...
Jaisalmer Fort By Night...

This was the view from the restaurant where we "The Team" had our farewell meal...
Camel Kit!!!!Camel Kit!!!!
Camel Kit!!!!

Build it yourself camel kit!!!! Join part "A" to part "B"....
Desert Gang!!!Desert Gang!!!
Desert Gang!!!

From left to right - Deano,Steve,Rodger,Barbara & Danielle... "Hello Guys!!! Hope Night Two Was Ok???"
Desert Villages!!!!Desert Villages!!!!
Desert Villages!!!!

We visited various villages on the way.. but found the ones deeper in better!!! mainly as the kids were a little robotic when it came to pestering for money!!! but these one here were further in and more natural...
Mind The Cactus Grass Danielle!!!Mind The Cactus Grass Danielle!!!
Mind The Cactus Grass Danielle!!!

Don't under estimate this picture!!! these little bugger hurt!!! i'm still finding them in my cloths 5 days later!!!!!
Desert Food...Desert Food...
Desert Food...

While writing this ive been thinking is desert the correct spelling or is it dessert??? have i just visited a sandy pudding????
Udiapur Lake..Udiapur Lake..
Udiapur Lake..

The Famous!!! Lake Palace.. In the film its inhabited by Octopussy herself and her women only staff team... Go on Bond!!!!
Village Transport...Village Transport...
Village Transport...

At a level crossing on the bus journey to Jodphur..
Dead Desert Guide!!!!Dead Desert Guide!!!!
Dead Desert Guide!!!!

Lucky We Had So Many!!!!!
The Finished Model..The Finished Model..
The Finished Model..

And No Bits Left Over!!!!!
"The Dream Team"...."The Dream Team"....
"The Dream Team"....

Betty - Me - Serena...
Morning!!!!!!Morning!!!!!!
Morning!!!!!!

The girls were punished for something by thier guide, he pitched them on the hill in the desert wind??? hence the layers!!!! I slept in pretty much nothing and was just fine... "Great Hat Betty!!!"...
The Guides!!!!!!!The Guides!!!!!!!
The Guides!!!!!!!

There where 8 of us and the same amount of guides... which is great but the mobiles tended to spoil the moment when they went of and broke the silence....
Village Art...Village Art...
Village Art...

My desert arty village shot...
Just Like-a Mama Used To Make-a!!!!Just Like-a Mama Used To Make-a!!!!
Just Like-a Mama Used To Make-a!!!!

Betty the chief chapati maker!!!!!...
Jaisalmer Holy Man!!!!Jaisalmer Holy Man!!!!
Jaisalmer Holy Man!!!!

And his mate!!!!
Kwality!!!!Kwality!!!!
Kwality!!!!

Love this sign i found on the train to Delhi.... I paid the fine by the way!!! didn't fancy two years in jail!!!...lol
Sore Bum!!!Sore Bum!!!
Sore Bum!!!

I walked a little as me inside legs where chafeing a little towards the end...



2nd February 2007

Hotel City Palace
Nice blog and pics, i was in Jaisalmer a few months ago and i stayed at the hotel with a pool, which i reckon is probably the same one as you, the hotel city palace. Total rip-off on the camel safari, and a very shifty looking owner... but i enjoyed the pool to much, so we stayed. I also took a photo of that sign onthe train - harrassment includes the singing of songs - classic!
12th July 2010

My Eye opener jaisalmer trip
I had been to Jaisalmer just a fortnight back and the experience was unforgettable. I stayed at Hotel Jaisalgarh, I conclude as one of the best places to stay. With very well mannered staff we had no problem anywhere. They arranged everything for us right from a guide for sight seeing all attractions to camel safari and then music performance by local lore. There was also a kind of bazaar organized by hotel authorities where we bought many souvenirs at reasonable prices.

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 15; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb