Happy Indian Christmas!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bharatpur
December 25th 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas! Hope you had a fantastic day and enjoyed celebrating wherever you are in the world.

Christmas was somewhat different this year - woke up to a couple of little presents in our hotel from mum, and some Christmas cake which the hotel staff had delivered, and then went off to Fatepur Sikri - an ancient ruin city, too see the palace and huge mosque there, up on a hill.

Then travelled on to Bharatpur to our lovely palace hotel, where I lay by the pool all afternoon in the hot sunshine and then had a one-hour full body massage! Christmas dinner and lunch was full of yummy indian food....but still missed having my roast dinner! Was weird not being all Christmassy - although did make a point of listening to xmas songs on my ipod and watching a Christmas movie on HBO....

The next morning, on Boxing Day, we got up early to start out 'safari' around the Keoladeo National Park. It's pretty huge, so, with our very knowledgeable guide we travelled around the park by cyclo, and stopped to spot many beautiful birds with our binoculoars, including owls, eagles, herons, kingfishers and also lots of wildlife such as spotted deer and huge antelope. Was nice to get away from towns/cities into some fresh air, and mum really enjoyed it as she loves birds.

Anyway I hope you all had a great relaxing Christmas, full of lots of good food, company and pressies.

Just booked my return date for 14th January so looking forward to catching up then!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS! xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

It's a cold Christmas!It's a cold Christmas!
It's a cold Christmas!

Warming by the fire in the courtyard of our hotel in Bharatpur
Bambi!Bambi!
Bambi!

Spotted deer
In our rickshawIn our rickshaw
In our rickshaw

Our guide definitely wasn't as scary as he looks in this picture!


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb