Safdarjung Tomb


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 22nd 2014
Published: November 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Located near the Safdarjung airport, this tomb happens to be an important attraction among the top picks of Delhi tour. This is a display of incredible architectural buildings of the Mughal reign. Made up of marble and red sandstone, it is believed to the last masterpiece in the waning Mughal architecture of Delhi.



It has many buildings viz: the mosque, Safdarjung tomb , Char bagh(Mughal Garden) , Moti Mahal (Pearl Palace), Jangli Palace (sylvan palace), ASI office/ Badshah Pasand Palace (Kings favorite) and the water channel that connects the various tombs. One of the main observations includes the main entrance which is double-storeyed and most of the tombs have multi-chambered pavilions.



This is also described as the garden tomb as the premises has four gardens located in the four corners of the tomb.



The experience:

It is a nice place to spend an hour or two, we went around 4 pm in the evening and the whole environment was silent. The empty tombs were filled with the sound from the fluttering pigeons. With nice art and design all over the tomb premises, this can be relaxing as well as refreshing, and a nice place to take pictures. From the pictures, you can notice that it is not crowded at all.





It is currently maintained by Archaeological Survey of India and it has an office near the Badshah Pasand Palace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb