Day 1


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
February 11th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a wonderful first day. The day started off with a nice masala dosa and chai (tea) for breakfast. Then we found an ATM to get some money and went to the Internet cafe (hence the last entry).

Then we hired a driver for about 6 hours (total around $7). We first went to a place called Qutb Minar. It is an place with ruins and a huge tower. I took many pictures.

From there we went to a tibetan refuge camp and mission called The Asoka Mission. It is a tibetan buddhist institution. There we saw the grounds and met with Lama Lobzang. A very high Lama. Asoka Mission

Then we went to see the Bahai temple. Also called the lotus temple. It is here in Delhi too.

Then at night we saw the Presidents house and came back to the hotel. We then went across the street and ate some really good food. They sat us with an Italian girl who was here for three months doing research for her masters in Anthropology. We all had a nice time. Then we went back to the hotel to talk and sleep (minus the Italian girl).

We only slept about 4 hours at the most and woke up. We were up at 3:30-4:00am. We talked for a few huors and then fell tired again and went back to sleep. We slept until about 4pm (Delhi Time). So I am afraid there is nothing to really put about this second day. It is now 6:45pm here and we are at the internet cafe.

And for those that are hoping for some pics, I took 151 pictures yesterday but I can not upload them at this internet cafe. I will wait until we get to Katmandu tomorrow and try then. I am sorry.

Until next time.

Kevin

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb