Are we actually ever going to see some sights in Delhi?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 17th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at about 10.30am and we all decided to go to Rajghat (gandhi's memorial). We got on the train to Indraprastha but Kelly began to feel unwell so i (maz) took her back to Karol Bagh while the Helen and Janine waited for me.

With kelly safely back at the hotel, we continued our journey to Rajghat. At the station we decided it was time to brave a tuk tuk so we got one to the memorial. The ride was pretty scary. There are no doors and we were on a dual carriageway with the driver having no concept of lanes and cars speeding really close past us.

We arrived at Rajghat and it was baking. the sun was out and we were all sweating. Rajghat was like a huge well kept park with the memorial in the middle. We walked in the park and left our shoes in a locker room before walking barefoot towards the memorial. the pavement was baking and we kept burning our feet so we walked on the grass.

The memorial itself was very nice decorated with fresh flowers and a candle constantly burning. There were a lot on indian visitors paying their respects too.

We left the memorial after about 20 mins and the same tuk tuk driver took us to Connaught place. We spotted a wimpy and headed there for lunch. I had vegetable biryani (i know...again!) and it was pretty horrible. the wimpy itself wasn't very nice and was quite run down and dirty.

We then walked round the shops for a bit and went to Mcdonalds and i got some food to take back to Kelly. I had to hide it at the bottom of my bag as you are not allowed to take food on the metro! I managed to get the food to her with no problem. The security tends not to check westerners that vigourously!

We chilled in the hotel for a bit and went to the internet cafe.

At about 6.30pm Janine and Helen went to Connaught place for dinner while me and kelly walked to our local Mcdonalds. Janine and Helen went to a restaurant called Piccadelhi which was a london tube themed restautarant with a DJ in a london bus DJ booth. They said the food was really nice. I (maz) had my first ever veggie burger from Mcdonalds and i have to say it was really tasty (if only they did them in England!). Me and kelly ate back at the hotel and after a little while the girls came back and we watched a film before going to bed!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.068s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb