Indian Independence Day!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 15th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We all had a very nice lie in today and woke up at about 12.30pm. I (maz) ventured out for a bit but for some reason everything was shut (very strange!).

We stayed in the hotel for a bit, showered and chilled until about 4.30pm when we decided we'd been lazy enough and it was time to go out!

We got the metro from Karol Bagh to Rajouri Garden to visit the mall and get some dinner. On the metro we all noticed loads of Indians standing on their roofs flying kites. There must have been over a hundred kites in the sky. It was pretty spectacular.

As soon as we arrived at the mall we noticed it was crowded full of people. There was even a queue to get into the mall. There were indian flags everywhere and green, white and orange balloons everywhere also (the colours of the indian flag). We all then realised that it's independence day!

we got into the mall and headed for a traditional indian restaurant. We tried to order some kingfisher beer in the restaurant but was informed that it was a 'dry day' which means no alcohol was being served anywhere. It was a really nice restaurant. We all ordered a curry and had probably the best one so far!

After our meal we walked round a few shops and kelly bought some cheap trainers. We then headed back to the hotel on the metro.

We all chilled in bed for a bit watching films before finally falling asleep at about 1.00am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb