day 2


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
December 9th 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Go for breakfast but I cant eat - Im feeling sick - yep! Im back on the no money thing.
Was a bit disappointed at the hotel, last year they had the restaurant on the roof and although it was smoggy and noisy it was really good to watch the world go by - plus you could see giant monkey temple. They boxed it in so now theres like a proper canteen type affair - of course its better because its not smoggy or noisy but we liked it the way it was... Of course the rest of the hotel was ok.
Eventually we go looking for money, my card works - BONUS! DKs doesnt, eventually by making numerous phone calls we get to the bottom of it - his card has been blocked for security... So we know all ok we just have to wait for it to unblock.
HANDY HINT: Make sure you tell your bank where your going. Just because your card worked fine the year before DO NOT assume that it'll work ok the next time.
Pack and leave the hotel - were now on the way to the station - Amritsar here we come.
HANDY HINT: If you get internet train tickets before you leave home - ignore the boy who tells you that you have to get the tickets stamped//changed into proper tickets//internet tickets arent allowed. Its all rubbish, your tickets are fine.

Here we are on our way to Amritsar, Im writing this sat in first class (well ok Im writing in my notebook to be typed later) First Class!
Last year first class meant small compartments that had beds in - private apart from someone knocking every 10 minutes blankets//chai//food//water so we thought ok we love it lets do it again... This time 1st class is more like 1st Class at home, only with more leg room ha ha. This journey is really good. We leave the station and within minutes we get bottles of water. After about 20 minutes a tray of snacks each - 2 orange wafer biscuits, a coleslaw sandwich, a samosa, chocolate bar and cashew nuts. About an hour after that soup and a roll. After that - curry rice, chapati, saag aloo and salad... and if that wasnt enough ice cream and tea to finish.. All incuded in the ticket! Which incidentally cost 2400rps for the 2 tickets. How good is that!
BTW we only had the snacks and the ice-cream 😊
First impressions when we arrive in Amritsar apart from its cold is that we like it. We go and find our pick up - how nice the man was really worried that he had spelt my name wrong - Bless... Get to the hotel HOTEL HERITAGE nothing remarkable - very brown, but its ok

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb