first real blog


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
September 12th 2005
Published: September 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

TajTajTaj

well, its the Taj. beautiful!
hey,
so this is my first entry, i've been in New Delhi, India since the 22nd of august, spent a week with my mom doing the golden triangle (agra, jaipur, and delhi) and hit all the major tourist spots. then on the 30t, my group from LC showed up and we've been busy bees ever since.
of course, its been hot, but for the last twdays we've had lovely rain, which has cooled things down a bit. we're staying at a place called the golf apartments, which is a nice little set of rooms with a central eating lounge area where we have our lectures and meals and hang out.
we have been working with mainly three people, shardaji, who is this loveable, lively, little pot-bellied old but young-at-heart monkey of a woman, who helps us with everything, sunil, our sir (teacher in sufi, although thats kind of a joke, because that kind of teacher is the kind that you worship) who is our midevil india teacher, and who knows all kinds of secret wisdom about indian history, and vini, our travel agent, who is a little slimey and kind of a punk, but we all think that he is great.
at the qutb minarat the qutb minarat the qutb minar

the ladies of the group in some indian dress
we've made friends all over through them, for they all are just wonderful and well-connected. these include graduate and undergrad students at delhi university and stevens university, kids in a migrant farm in south delhi and rita who helped set up a school for them, sunil's lovely wife and son, a wise woman shobita in the national museum, sharda the hindi teacher, mike pandey, a 3-time international something award winner for his envirometal documentaries, sunil's sister-in-law who runs an enameling workshop, and many many more people. tonight we are having a swaree at shardaji's and i should go, but i will write about what we've done so far in my next blog. bye!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SunilSunil
Sunil

our medevil teacher Sunil
At TajAt Taj
At Taj

ariel,sandy,katlyn, and i


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb