I MADE IT!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
September 3rd 2005
Published: September 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well folks I made it here!

After an 18hr flight and much sleep in my hotel I have taken my first motorized taxi thingy to Connaught Place...shit I think that is what you call it. I took a walk about where my holet GOOD TIMES is located yesterday...nothing but car stuff everywhere...carborator shop, muffler shop with a tonne of mufflers just waiting for an owner, indian auto accessories shop, car seat cover shop...it goes on. The shop really is just like an open stall with about 10 men hanging around. Surprisingly I was not harassed...only asked for money once and told I was beautiful twice...lol...I ate my first real Indian food today as well. I can not tell you how happy I was that I brought many energy bars with me...because seriously, that is what I ate for the first twenty four hours.

We had these two hindu guys escort us around this new delhi area..we just sorta dropped them off when we made it to this internet cafe. I have no doubt inmy mind thta they will be out there when we finish up here in an hour.....it was pretty funny...little guys that told me they didn't want anything from us...they were well dressed and prided themselves on being autodrivers. OH and everyone here has a cell phone except well ...me! it's pretty funny.

I have seen so much already I could seriously go home now...ha ha...but I won't. The weather is pretty damn hot. Sitting in this internet cafe beside this very nice looking german guy sweating like a pig is not all that attractive...but then again I didn't come to India to pick up...but at this point I really wish my mother had kept me in German language classes. I am touring around today with this 20 year old girl from Japan. She is very nice but there is a little bit of a language barrier...she has almost got hit by cars and bikes like 8 times...she is a little oblivious to what is around us. I will just throw in right now that I am sorry I am all over the place with the letter...I am a little excited and a little anxious all together...I have had the mix of these emotions together...but never quite this intense.

So I have seen some of the poverty I came to see. When I drove into my hotel at 5 inthe morning there beside the hotel, bare ass to the world is this man sleeping...he looked clean, he actually looked like he was ready for burial...so sad.

Tomorrow we head out to Agra and take in all that the Taj Mahol has to offer...I am so excited! I also meet the rest of my group tonight and take a walking tour of old Delhi...I have yet to see the red fort...a must see!...maybe I will try to convince the Japanese girl to go with me after this...hhhmmmm...

Well I am off of here to check my hotmail account...

All my love from Delhi,
Robena
xox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb