Travel to India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
April 25th 2023
Published: April 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Fairly early start to the day . 4.40am wake up and our daughter, Krissy, kindly volunteered to drive us to the airport. Arrived there at 5.35am and a long line awaited us at the Singapore Airlines desk. Took about one hour to check-in and I mistakenly made the choice to get a small amount of Indian rupees at the foreign desk at the airport. Big mistake as the exchange rate was way under the official rate. Fee of $5 plus we only got 2,500 rupees instead of about 3,500. Never ever do that again. Having not travelled for so long, I had forgotten to do that earlier.

Flight took off slightly .early at 7.55am and we arrived in Singapore early at 2:15pm.(8hours 20 min flight time). Our second leg to Dekhi was at 4.50pm. Timing was good for me as IO was able to watch the traditional Anzac Day game, Dragons vs Roosters and the game finished just as we had to board our plane. Good game but my team, the dragons lost by just 1 point.

Second leg was 3 hours 50 minutes in flight and were met at the airport was a guide holding up a Trip-a-Deal sign with our names on it. We met 2 sisters, Robyn and Anne and another couple, Peter and Gordon ( not the 60's singing group). So only 6 of us but we figured there were probably others from different cities on different flights. By coincidence we were sitting behind Robyn and Anne on the plane. We all got on very well and by the time we got to the hotel and to bed, it was around 11pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb