Our Indian Experience


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi » Dwarka
June 8th 2012
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Rajasthani Ramble...

These are the main places we visited on our trip to India. Not on the map is Khuri (near Jailsalmer) and Ranakpur (inbetween Jodhpur and Udaipur)

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates on this thing, we've only just managed to get into an internet cafe!

It's our last day in India now and we're both sad and happy to be leaving. We've had a strange experience here: there have been things that's we've absolutely loved alongisde things we could do without!

On our first day in Delhi we didn't want to waste any time so we dived straight in...this was probably the wrong thing to do. We got quite overwhelmed as obviously we didn't really know what we had gotten ourselves into. The day wasn't completely bad but Delhi is absolutely crazy! We visited a local Bazaar street known as "Chandi Chowk". It's right in the heart of the Old City, across from the Red Fort. We got some food (Josh was brave and ventured into having plain steamed rice...) and looked into the shops and stalls, although didn't buy anything.

After spending a few hours there, we went back to the hotel, tried to get some rest and come to terms with the confusion of Delhi! Due to this we decided the best thing for us to do was to book an organised tour to take us to the rest of the places we wanted to go. The day after we went to a tourist office (which we THINK was the official one...it is extremely hard to tell in India!!) There we were reassured that what we wanted to do was possible, and were given our own driver to take us around Rajasthan.

The same day we were taken around Delhi by this driver. He showed us Humayun's Tomb (which is absolutely beautiful!), The Parliament Buildings, The India Gate and the Red Fort. Straight away our minds were changed, now we absolutely loved India!

In Rajasthan we visited: Mandawa, Bikaner, Khuri, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Ranakpur, Udaipur, Pushkar, Jaipur, Ranthambore National Park and Agra. Many places, many sights, so little time! (17 days all together, covering an area 1.5x bigger than the UK) We weren't in a place for longer than two days and were pretty much constantly on the move. So when we get to Thailand, we have decided to change our plans and just take our time 😊

We fly to Thailand tomorrow and we can't wait! Hopefully we will have the time (and money) to give you a better update, with pictures, from there.

Roxy and Josh

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb